Speed Violation Detection (SVD)
Speeding is regarded as a factor in nearly one-third of all fatal accidents on the roads. To combat this dangerous and life-threatening behavior, there need to be systems implemented to target speeding vehicles. Speed enforcement systems monitor speed on roads and highways and are more effective in increasing safety and smoothen traffic flow.
EFKON India’s Speed Violation Detection (SVD) system is a robust and ready-to-integrate system for generating E-Challan to identify vehicles not adhering to the permissible speed limits on the roads.
How the SVD system works?
Our Section Speed Detection system is prompted once a vehicle enters and leaves the section within a measured track. As depicted in the figure below:
- 1 The vehicle passes through the first gantry located at X1, where the rear-image of the vehicle license plate is captured at timestamp T1
- 2 The vehicle then passes through the second gantry located at X2 where again the rear-image of the vehicle license plate is captured at timestamp T2
- 3 The data from these two timestamps is sent to the Command Center, where the sectional speed of the vehicle is calculated based on time taken (T2-T1) to cover distance (X2-X1)
- 4 If the speed limit is more than the permissible limits, challan is generated for the violator
- Maximum speed limit for detection is 160kmph
- High definition image capture
- Automatic challan generation
- Highly connected communication network (wireless and OFC)
- Fully customized reporting system to meet unique business requirements
- Ease of integration with e-Challan software