Cities are turning smart, and smart transportation is an essential element in realizing their vision. It is one of the main ways Smart Cities can enhance the daily lives of citizens and improve sustainability. However, lack of quality and safe transportation, road safety concerns, overcrowded road network, poor traffic management, parking issues, thefts, and terrible road conditions remains the critical issues in most of the cities. To overcome these challenges, Smart Cities are adopting technologies that help citizens with hassle-free road and highway experiences.
At EFKON India, we believe we can help the government to manifest their Smart City dreams and ambitions by designing and deploying wide-ranging intelligent systems for transport management and law enforcement. Our Smart City solutions help with better traffic management, reduced polluting emissions and consumption of vehicular fuel and oil, smart electronic toll solutions, automated traffic signals, and better electronic enforcement systems. Thereby improving the way people use roads and enhance their quality of lives – in the city of today and tomorrow. We use technology to manage and improve city infrastructure, increase safety, accessibility of citizen services, and improved administration with better governance. Our Smart Cities product portfolio includes:
Electronic Toll Management Systems (e-TMS)
EFKON India’s Toll Management Systems (TMS), helps in all electronic toll collection in free-flow traffic or automated payments at conventional toll plazas, high-occupancy vehicles (HOV) lanes, toll bridges, tunnels, etc. We design, implement, and maintain an optimal solution to meet our clients’ tolling needs with support of Smart cards and FASTag.
Intelligent Traffic Management Systems (ITMS)
Intelligent Traffic Management System (ITMS) enables users to be better informed and to make safer, more efficient, coordinated, and smarter use of transport networks. It is defined as an advanced application that aims to provide innovative solutions related to different modes of transportation and traffic management.
ITMS creates a perfect platform for addressing traffic-related issues faced by traffic management authorities, in terms of predicting an optimum route, reducing average waiting time, traffic congestion, travel cost, and the extent of air pollution. The system aims at using artificial intelligence algorithms for predicting optimum routes based upon traffic mobilization patterns, vehicle categorization, accident occurrences, and levels of precipitation.
ITMS product portfolio includes:
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR)
- Electronic Enforcement Systems (EES)
- Red Light Violation Detection (RLVD)
- Speed Violation Detection (SVD)
- Video Incident Detection System (VIDS)
- Video-based Automatic Traffic Counter and Classifier (ATCC)
- Adaptive Traffic Control System (ATCS)
- Other systems such as Emergency Call Box (ECB) and Public Address Systems (PAS), City ERP, Integrated Command and Control Center (ICCC), Video Management Systems (VMS), etc. complement the core solutions outlined above to provide a comprehensive and robust ITMS solution
The ITMS suite provides a wide range of benefits, such as:
Reduction in Stop and Delays at Intersections
Speed Detection and Control
Travel Time Improvement
Integrated Control and Command Centre (ICCC)
EFKON India’s ICCC mostly acts as the ‘central nervous systems’ for traffic operation management, day-to-day monitoring, surveillance, and disaster management. ICCC is responsible for Smart Governance (portal and mobile application), Utility Management Systems, Intelligent Transport Management Systems, Surveillance System, Data Centers, and the Smart Network. Thereby,
- Establishing a unified Command and Control Centre to view and assess various city parameters
- Enabling city administrators to make informed decisions based on real-time data available
Electronic Enforcement Systems (EES)
EFKON India’s Electronic Enforcement System (EES) suite incorporates traffic surveillance and enforcement products that provide valuable insights to stakeholders, contribute to improving safety and security on roads, thereby saving lives and property and enhancing ease of commute. EES helps prevent accidents, detect road violations and identify the violator, enables
real-time viewing, monitoring of traffic status and issuing e-Challans for rule breakers. The system generates valuable traffic information which can help in gathering actionable insights for better traffic management.
Our EES portfolio includes:
Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR)
Red Light Violation Detection (RLVD)
Speed Violation Detection (SVD)
Video Incident Detection System (VIDS)
The solution suite of our EES provides a wide range of functionalities:
- Traffic conditions – free-flow and stop-and-go
- Violation types - red-light, stop-line violation, over-speeding
- Capable of detecting:
- Standard and non-standard license plates
- Commercial and non-commercial license plates
- Front and rear images of license plate
- Two-line license plate
- Fully customized reporting system, to meet unique business requirements
- Maximum speed limit violation detection up to 160kmph
- High definition image capture
- Automatic challan generation
- Highly connected communication network (wireless and OFC)
- Ease of integration via APIs with external databases viz VAHAN etc.
Our Smart Parking system can fully integrate parking, guidance, payment, and analytics, as well as a host of other complimentary services and options. It is a complete, end-to-end solution that pairs a network of sensors, cameras, and feature displays, coupled with user-friendly dashboards and reports which enable customers to manage and analyze events and information, as well as allowing users to identify trends and interpret data.