Video Incident Detection System (VIDS)
An efficient traffic management system depends on how fast incidents are detected, verified, and resolved. Video analysis is a well-established technology for traffic incident monitoring. Through
real-time analysis of camera images, a wide variety of incidents can be detected, and lives can be saved. Video Incident Detection Systems (VIDS) consists of a network of cameras that automatically detect events and ensure appropriate responses.
EFKON’s Video Incident Detection System (VIDS) provides accurate and reliable vehicle tracking with automatic incident detection for highways and expressways. The system helps providing safety on highways and generate e-Challans for violators on roads. To make our roads safer and ensuring a smooth traffic flow, our VIDS can detect:
- Stalled/stopped vehicles
- Vehicles coming from the opposite direction
- Pedestrian crossing
- Over speeding and under speeding
- Crowd gathering
- Weather status like normal conditions, smoke or fog
- Traffic status like congestion, dense, delay, stop and go, normal, etc.
- No helmets and triple riding
How the VIDS system works?
The VIDS cameras mounted on highway structures monitors the respective stretch. Dedicated algorithms monitoring the video signals turn the traffic data into actionable business intelligence. This traffic data is transmitted continuously to the technical control room, unusual activity detected by the system is validated and confirmed, to take required action depending upon the incident type.
- Monitor traffic density and alert road users
- Automatic detection of traffic flow, congestion, and density
- Easy integration with systems for automatic challan generation (for most violations)
- Alert concerned authorities (police, ambulance, road clearing services, etc.) for immediate actions
- Maximum number of lanes covered – 8