Red Light Violation Detection (RLVD)
Violating the red-light rule is one of the most serious and dangerous violations in the everyday traffic system. Most people get away with it due to either the traffic light not being equipped with an overview camera or absence of visible deterrent measures such as police or automated enforcement equipment. Red Light Violation Detection (RLVD) system aims to provide a safer driving experience, improve compliance with road traffic rules, and smoothen the movement of vehicles along the stop line while reducing accidents and fatalities at intersections.
EFKON India’s Red Light Violation Detection (RLVD) system is fully automated mass surveillance system identifying vehicles jumping the red light, stopping after the red-light mark, and over the zebra-crossing.
How the RLVD system works?
- The overview camera continuously monitors the red light after the signal has turned red
- Any vehicle that violates the red-light rule, the entire violation scenario is captured by the overview camera. ANPR camera captures the image of the license plate of the violating vehicle
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is performed to read the license plate and identify the violator
- This system is integrated with Vahan database for the automatic generation of E-challan
- Alerts are sent by mail or SMS to the owners of violating vehicles based on a review of photographic/video evidence at the Command Center
Image from an Overview Camera
Image from an ANPR Camera
- Violation conditions – red-light and stop-line
- Datalog (vehicle image, license plate image, ANPR and Overview video, OCR, color of the plate, start timestamp of red light, timestamp of violation, location, arm ID, lane ID, direction of the vehicle)